ABOUT YEHUDA DEVIR
My name is Yehuda Adi Devir, illustrator and graphic designer. I graduated with B.Des in Visual Communication at Bezalel, Academy of Art and Design, Jerusalem.
My graduation project was 'Cinephile':
A mural 11 meters long and 2 meters high giant scene of 300 most iconic moments and characters from the film industry (1920-2016).
These days I live in Tel Aviv with my wife who is also an illustrator and graphic designer. In my blog I describes our life together with comic illustrations.
I do mostly illustrations projects such as posters, comics, Illustrations for magazines, characters design, illustration for clothing, book illustration, logos and other commissions works.
ACCOMPLISHMENTS & ACCOLADES
2011: An academic preparatory program - 6B Studio, Haifa.
2012 - 2016: Bezalel, Academy of Art and Design, Jerusalem.
B. Des, Visual Communication.
- Collaboration with author and Israel Prize winner, Natan Shaham (Spring Semester 2014) - Design and editing Biography book.
- Collaboration with SHALVA, the Association for Mentally and Physically Challenged Children in Israel ( Fall Semester 2015, Bezalel) -information book design.
- Participation in 3X3 Magazine of Contemporary Illustration compatition (March 2015).
- Polish Design workshop with the Polish designer Artur Frankowski (April 2015).
- Presentation in Living Future confrerence in Berlin (May 2015).
- Turkish Illustration week workshop with the illustrator Sedat Girgin (December 2015).
2007-2010: Artillery Corps Fighter, Shooting and warfare instructor, IDF.
2010-2017: Freelance Illustrator and graphic designer
- Logo Design
- Poster Design for theatre
- Poster Design for business
- Illustration for magazines (Liberal, At)
- Character Design
- Children's books illustration
- Tattoo illustrations
- Clothing illustration (martial arts suit, man and kids collection for Tamnoon clothing company)
2010 - Solo exhibition, part of the project "Open House" in Modiin, Israel.
2010 - Solo exhibition at Azrieli Center, Modiin , Israel.
2011 - Solo exhibition at Bliss center, Bet Alfa , Israel.
2015 - Illustration and design of historical gures in Israeli culture for "Nachshon" Project.
2015 - Graphic Designer and Illustrator for the Students Union at Oranim College.
2016 - Solo Exhibition - The Art of Yehuda Devir, Kuli Aima Gallery, Tel Avil, Israel.
2016 - Illustration Instractor of Yarok, Collage for Visual COmmunication, The Jerusalem High School of the Arts.
- Adobe Creative Suite: Primiere, Light Room, Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects.
- Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint.
- Manga Studio.
- Illustration, Typography, photography, Drawing.